Background

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The End of Treasure Island

I think I have found such a wonderful selection of classical books that were written for the younger crowd . We really enjoyed reading Treasure Island to the girls and they really loved hearing the story . Each night they asked for just another chapter . The Classic Starts books are wonderfully written for the younger crowd . Making it very easy for them to picture what is going on in the story and not bogging them down with long words so they lose the whole plot of the story . The books definitley are not dumbed down at all . There are still lots of big words in the stories . But not so many that it complicates their understanding . '

If you haven't noticed we are getting ready to begin " The Swiss Family Robinson " . I am excited myself to find out what happens in the story , and I hope we enjoy this story as much as we did with Treasure Island .

No comments: