Background

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The 12 days of Homeschooling

I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did today reading it from another post . I thought it was so funny , yet so true .


The 12 days of Homeschooling
( done in the tune to " The 12 days of Christmas )

On the first day of homeschool my neighbor said to me, " Can you homeschool legally ? "

On the second day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " Are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ? "

On the third day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " Do you give tests , are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ? "

On the fourth day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " What about P. E , do you give them tests, are they socialized, can you homeschool legally ? "

On the fifth day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " YOU ARE SO STRANGE ! , what about P.E, do you give them tests , are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ? "

On the sixth day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " How long will you homeschool , YOU ARE SO STRANGE , what about P. E . . do you give them tests , are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ? "

On the seventh day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " Look at what their missing , how long will you homeschool , YOU ARE SO STRANGE , what about P. E. , do you give them tests , are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ? "

On the eighth day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " Why do you do this , look at what their missing , how long will you homeschool , YOU ARE SO STRANGE , what about P. E ., do you give them tests, are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ?

On the ninth day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " They'll miss the prom , why do you do this , look at what their missing , how long will you homeschool, YOU ARE SO STRANGE , what about P. E . , do you give them tests , are they socialized, can you homeschool legally ? "

On the tenth day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " What about graduation , they'll miss the prom , why do you do this , look at what their missing , how long will you homeschool, YOU ARE SO STRANGE , what about P.E. , do you give them tests , are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ? "

On the eleventh day of homeschool my neighbor said to me , " I could never do that , what about graduation , they'll miss the prom , why do you do this , look at what their missing , how long will you homeschool , YOU ARE SO STRANGE , what about P. E . , do you give them tests, are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ? "

On the twelfth day of homeschool my neigbor said to me , " Can they go to college , I could never do that , what about graduation , they'll miss the prom , why do you do this , look at what their missing , how long will you homeschool , YOU ARE SO STRANGE , what about P. E. , do you give them tests , are they socialized , can you homeschool legally ?"

On the thirteenth day of homeschool I thoughtfully replied : " They can go to college, yes, you can do this , and they can graduate, we don't need the prom , we do it cuz we like it , they aren't missing anything , we'll homeschool forever, WE ARE NOT STRANGE ! , We give them P. E , life in itself is a test , they are socialized , yes, you can homeschool legally .

On the fourteenth day of homeschool my neighbor said to me " How can I get started , , why didn' t you tell me , where do I buy curriculum , when is the next conference , WILL PEOPLE THINK WE'RE STRANGE , I think we can do this , if you will help us , can we join P. E , and we'll homeschool legally ."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something my aunt would say. She teaches at a public school and is very close-minded. With all the caringbridge pages I follow, I understand the need for home school, and yes I did get a chuckle.

Toni said...

That's hilarious!! I love it.