Background

Monday, February 7, 2011

What is meant to be will be

This year has been an amazing experience for my girls attending private school. They really did enjoy going and the enviroment. So with that said last night my 7yr old hands me a slip for the tuition assistance and I look it over to find that there will no longer be a 7th and 8th grade next year.

So my 13 yr old is down in the dumps about it and there isn't anything I can do about it. Unfortunately our local public school is NOT an option by any stretch of the means. Its not a place I want my children in. Its just not up for discussion at all.

So you wonder what all this means? It means that we're going back to what we were doing all along. Homeschooling. I've toyed with the idea of letting my middle two stay but in all sense of the word it won't work. Because I plan on keeping my youngest home too. The stress of all of dealing with keeping insurance to pay for a nurse that comes two times a day is getting to be to much. It would be different it were a full time nurse but she isn't so insurance is going to bust my buns about it. The public elementary school isn't an option. It would not be a good place for Maggie just so I had nursing services.

I can honestly say that being a parent just is not easy at all. Add in all these different factors and it can be down right just not fun at all sometimes. I know if I keep two in school then the oldest will fight, argue and not be a happy camper that her other siblings are in school and she isn't. So keep life in all fairness they are just all going to come home, and you know what?
That's okay by me.

I will admit there are pros and cons to both. Pros and cons to homeschooling and pros and cons to sending your children to school. I guess you just have to take the one that has the most pros for your family.

So this fall we will go back to the homeschooling family that God wants us and we were meant to be.

No comments: